The Department of Music at Texas Woman’s University will develop your appreciation and understanding of the arts. We will help you express your own personal and cultural experience by implementing diverse approaches to music making, performance and research. Our dedicated faculty and staff will provide you with a liberal arts-based education that balances tradition and innovation, while preparing you for professional work, leadership and service in music education, music pedagogy, music performance and music therapy.
We offer undergraduate degrees in music education, music therapy, music performance and liberal arts. We also offer a music minor and a music theatre certificate.
Our graduate degrees include master’s programs in music education, music therapy, music performance and music pedagogy.
Concerts and Performances
Music study at TWU has a long and distinguished history. Our department has been fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music since 1958, and our music therapy program is approved by the American Music Therapy Association.
While pursuing your undergraduate or graduate degree in music at TWU, you will benefit from:
- Specialized faculty mentors who are invested in your success.
- Vocal and instrumental ensemble opportunities.
- Small class sizes.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Active student organizations.
- Concerts and performances featuring faculty, students and guests.
- Travel and study abroad opportunities.
- A wide variety of scholarships.
- Graduate assistantships.
- Distinguished alumni networks in your field.
Page last updated 11:19 AM, July 11, 2018