- Lock your doors at all times. Double check the door to ensure it is locked.
- Always use your peephole before opening your door to visitors, even when you are expecting someone.
- Never prop open any exterior doors.
- Use lockable furniture for important items such as computers, tablets, documents, and other items.
- Do not leave personal items like phones, purses, or bags alone in public areas, even for a short time.
- Never share your ID with another person. Report lost IDs and keys immediately.
- Avoid letting people without an ID enter the residence hall behind you.
- Avoid walking alone at night. If you have to, contact DPS for an escort.
- Text a friend to let them know you are leaving a location and to expect you to arrive in a specific amount of time.
- Educate yourself on where the emergency call boxes are on campus and plan your walking route to always be near or know where the closest one is located.
Page last updated 3:46 PM, July 26, 2017