When may I move in?
- For students living in Guinn Hall
Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
- For students living in Jones Hall and Stark Hall
Thursday, August 23, 2018.
*Please note students living in Stark Hall 14A1-A4, 14B1-B4, 15A1-A4, and 15B1-B4 will be moving in on Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
- For students living in Lowry Woods, TWU Select, Vitae and Grove Street Apartments
Friday, August 24, 2018
You will move in at a specific time on your day. Be sure to look for this information in your housing assignment.
May I move in early or late?
Only students who are required to be here for a TWU sponsored program or activity will be able to arrive early. Students who have another reason they must move in early may request an early arrival. These requests are reviewed on an individual basis and will need supporting documentation of the reason for the request. If approved, a fee may be assessed. Requests can be made by emailing TWU Housing. Please use Early Arrival in the subject line. You may move in late, although you may miss some valuable orientation programming. Please notify University Housing if you will be arriving later than 48 hours after your move-in date and time.
What if I get to my residence hall after hours?
Go to the front desk associated with your residence hall or community and they will assist you. If you arrive very late, you will need to contact the staff person on call. Follow the instructions posted on the main door of the residence hall/apartment office.
What’s in my room?
- Guinn, Stark & Jones: furnished with standard twin bed, desk, chair, and dresser per resident. Each residence hall includes a microfridge, Wi-Fi and cable.
- Grove Street Apartments: furnished with standard twin bed, desk, chair, and dresser per resident. Each apartment also includes Wi-Fi/cable, a sofa or loveseat, side table/chairs, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
- Lowry Woods Apartments: furnished with full or twin size bed, dresser, desk, and chair per resident. Each apartment also includes Wi-Fi/cable, a sofa or love seat, side table/chairs, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator.
- TWU Select Apartments: furnished with standard twin bed, desk, chair, and dresser per resident. Each apartment also includes Wi-Fi/cable, a sofa or loveseat, side table/chairs, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
- Vitae Apartments: furnished with standard queen bed, desk, chair, and dresser per resident. Each apartment also includes a 48” flat screen TV, Wi-Fi/cable, a sofa or loveseat, side table/chairs, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and washer/dryer.
What will I need for my room?
Please review the Move-In Checklist for a full list of what to bring, and what not to bring.
Housekeeping services are provided in common areas only.
May I bring my own refrigerator and/or microwave?
Refrigerators and microwaves are provided in the rooms.
Is Wi-Fi available on campus?
TWU has free campus Wi-Fi. Go to the settings on your phone and select the Wi-Fi network twunet.
Where do I go on Move-in Day?
Go directly to the building/Residence Hall you were assigned. Signage and volunteers will be placed all over campus to direct you. Hall staff will also be at your building to welcome you.
What will parking be like on Move-in day?
Please check Parking for a campus map, general directions and residence hall street addresses. Vehicles should be pulled into the assigned lot, unpacked, and moved to the permanent lot. Volunteers and signs will be available on Move-in day to guide you to the appropriate parking lot.
How do I get a parking permit?
The parking permit can be purchased online or in person from the Department of Public Safety.
It is the responsibility of students to obey the parking rules and regulations for the TWU campuses. Complete parking rules and regulations, and a parking map are available for your reference. Please visit the TWU Parking page.
Can I bring my bicycle?
Yes. If students bring bicycles on campus the bicycle must be registered. This is a free service and once registered, the student is given a sticker to affix to the bicycle. The Bicycle Registration Form is maintained at the Department of Public Safety office.
How do I move my belongings?
- Students living in Guinn and Stark will be moved by USS Moving Company. Movers will unload their items and take them to their rooms.
- Students living in Jones will have volunteers available to assist them.
- Students living in Lowry Woods, Vitae, and Select apartments will be responsible for moving their own items; however, there will be an abundance of dollies and moving carts to assist in your move.
As the parent/relative/friend who assisted with moving in, can I spend the night in my student's residence hall?
We ask that families make other arrangements after the move. Hotels have been provided for your information. See Lodging.
What should I do if I have more than one vehicle on the Move-in day?
You may bring all of your vehicles into the unloading area but they all must be moved once they are unpacked.
What will I be expected to do after I move in?
Once you move in, you will begin Pioneer Camp activities.
Can I bring my pet?
It is prohibited to bring dogs, cats, or other pets inside any University-controlled buildings, except for approved service and/or emotional support animals. All animals must be registered and approved by the Disability Service for Students Office.
How will I get my meals?
Your meal plan will begin on the day you move in. For more information including dining hours and locations, go to Pioneer Kitchen.
How does the mail work?
On the Denton campus, U.S. Post Office boxes are available for rent in the Student Union. Students may rent a mailbox on a 6 or 12 month basis by going to the post office located at 101 E McKinney St. Denton, TX (940) 387-8555. Mail is not delivered to individual residence halls. Please check with the local post office for more information.
Students are restricted to using UPS and FedEx for mailing packages to the following residence halls:
- Jones Hall: 604 Administration Drive, Denton, TX 76204
- Stark Hall: 1719 Bell Avenue, Denton, TX 76204
- Guinn Hall: 420 East University Drive, Denton TX 76204
- Lowry Woods Community: 1600 Oakland Avenue, Denton, TX 76204
TWU Select and Grove Street residents may have their packages sent to Jones Hall.
Are washers and dryers available?
Yes, washers and dryers are available in each residential facility. There is no cost to use the washers and dryers.
What if I need disability accommodations?
Students requesting services must complete an application form and provide Disability Services with verification of a disability. Once registered, students are eligible to receive appropriate accommodations through the university. Students should register with the office of Disability Services for Students as early as possible to help ensure that all accommodations are in place by the beginning of the semester.
Page last updated 2:14 PM, June 15, 2018