Master of Science in Informatics
TWU’s master of science degree in informatics is a brand-new program beginning in fall 2016. This interprofessional graduate degree allows students to tailor their education to their interests by offering an emphasis in clinical applications, data science/data analytics, health studies or community informatics. By earning an advanced degree in informatics, students will acquire the skills needed to gain the advantage in a competitive job market. As of 2014, 88% of professional data scientists have a master’s degree in a related field.
Program of study for our master of science degree in informatics
Admission requirements for the M.S. program in Informatics:
A bachelor’s degree with a cumulative 3.00 GPA in the last 60 hours and:
- demonstrated skills and competencies in information and communication technology as evident in work experience or prior coursework
- statement of intent and career goals in informatics provided in an essay no longer than two pages
- resume and two letters of recommendation
How to apply
- Review the university's graduate admission requirements.
- Apply online at ApplyTexas.org.
- Submit items 2 and 3 listed above under Admission Requirements via mail or email to:
Informatics Graduate Program
PO Box 425886
Denton, TX 76204-5886
Want to learn more?
Request information about TWU's graduate programs. For more information regarding the informatics graduate program only, contact email@example.com or 940-898-3722.