Research and Sponsored Programs
Internal Funding Competitions
The following internal funding programs are currently accepting applications:
- Proposal Development Grant Program (applications for summer 2019 due Tuesday, February 12, 2019)
- Hanover Grant Academy (nominations for Cohort II due Friday, March 1, 2019)
- Chancellor's Research Fellows (CRF) Program (applications due Thursday, March 21, 2019)
- Research Enhancement Program (REP) (applications due Thursday, April 18, 2019)
- Creative Arts and Humanities Grant Program (applications due Thursday, April 18, 2019)
- Program Officer Visit Travel Grant (rolling deadline)
- Small Grants Program (rolling deadline)
- Travel Assistance Fund (applications are accepted on a rolling deadline for Summer travel - all funds for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 travel have been allocated)
Cayuse IRB and New Common Rule Requirements
The new federal Final Rule, referred to as the new Common Rule requirements, are in effect as of January 21, 2019. The primary changes resulting from this new guidance are changes in categories of review especially for exempt and expedited studies, modifications to consent requirements, and changes in continuing review requirements for expedited studies. Guidance regarding the new consent requirements is available on the website.
In addition, the new online submission system, Cayuse, is now available for the submission of new IRB protocols. The website contains information about establishing a Cayuse account, logging into Cayuse, and initiating a new application.
Training workshops have been scheduled on all campuses and we strongly encourage all faculty and students conducting human subjects research to attend these hands-on workshops for training.
Page last updated 11:11 AM, February 8, 2019