Social Media at TWU
Being Social at Texas Woman's University
At Texas Woman’s, we use social media to connect, engage and enrich the lives of our greater campus community and external audiences. Our social media channels provide educational and informational opportunities, transparency and access to information in critical situations, and elevate our distinct position as the nation’s largest public university primarily for women.
The Social and Digital Media team sets the strategic direction for social media at Texas Woman’s; manages Texas Woman’s institutional social media accounts and works with social media “people” across campus as they manage their own social networks.
Texas Woman’s University’s Institutional Accounts:
- Facebook: /TexasWomansUniversity
- Twitter: @TXWomans
- Instagram: @TXwomans
- LinkedIn: Texas Woman’s University
- Snapchat: TXWomans
- YouTube: /TexasWomansUniv
Our social media content will focus on the following:
- Reinforcing and positioning the University’s brand in accordance with the Strategic Plan’s areas of distinction
- Women & Leadership
- Veteran Centric Initiatives
- Educating the Whole person
- Recruitment of Prospective Students
- Capturing Campus Life
- Showcasing Academic Excellence
- Promoting Community Involvement and Services
To ensure correct and unified messaging, social media managers are encouraged to share official, unaltered Texas Woman’s Emergency messages, with the exception of closures or specific department information. In the event of Internet connectivity issues, contact the marketing and communications department (940-898-3456) for assistance in updating social media.
Page last updated 10:33 AM, September 30, 2016