Graduate Certificate in School Librarianship
The Graduate Certificate in School Librarianship program with School Librarian Certification (SLC) is for those holding a master’s degree in a different discipline who do not wish to obtain the MLS degree. The certificate program is available entirely online.
See the Courses section for additional information.
Steps to Admission
Applicants must apply to both the TWU Graduate School and SLIS. See steps 1 and 2 below.
1. Apply to the TWU Graduate School.
- No standard test score is required if your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or above, or if you have another graduate degree.
- If your undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, you are required to submit an official standardized test score as part of the application to the Graduate School. Official test scores are accepted from the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
2. Apply to SLIS. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current. Submit the following materials, in a single, complete mailing, to TWU SLIS, PO Box 425769, Denton, TX 76204-5769, OR submit the materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A SLIS Application Form (fillable PDF form; Chrome browser recommended). Please indicate on the form that you plan to pursue the Graduate Certificate in School Librarianship without MLS program.
- A resume
- A 2-page statement of intent (your professional goals and career interests)
- 3 professional reference letters sent via postal mail on official letterhead OR sent via email (to email@example.com) directly from the name of the reference
- Applications continue to be accepted until all available spaces are filled.
- The preferred application deadlines are July 1 for the Fall semester, December 1 for the Spring semester, and May 1 for the Summer semester.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact Cyndee Tanttari in the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or firstname.lastname@example.org.