Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship
The post-master’s Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship provides the knowledge and skills to be competent in practicing evidence-based librarianship in the health profession. The curriculum consists of the fundamental knowledge of library science and focuses on resources and services in health science librarianship, with a capstone practicum in a health science library or information center. The Graduate Certificate program is available entirely online.
The Graduate Certificate is for those interested in becoming:
- a health science librarian
- a manager in a health science or nursing facility
- an evidence-based practicing professional in a health science or nursing facility
- a faculty member in health science librarianship
Total hours: 21 for those without the MLS degree; 12 for those holding the MLS
Applicants for the certificate program must meet one of the following two conditions:
- Possession of a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral) in a discipline in Nursing, Health Sciences, or Library Science; OR
- Admission to a graduate degree program in the TWU College of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, or School of Library and Information Studies.
For students with a master’s degree, a Certificate of Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship is awarded when the student completes all course requirements for the certificate program. For students pursuing a master’s degree concurrently, the certificate is awarded after the student completes all requirements for the graduate degree.
See the Courses section for additional information.
For More Information
For questions about the Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship program, please contact Dr. Carol Perryman email@example.com or 940-898-2612.
U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Disclosure
Steps to Admission
Applicants must apply to both the TWU Graduate School and SLIS. See steps 1 and 2 below.
1. Apply to the TWU Graduate School.
- No standard test score is required if your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or above, or if you have another graduate degree.
- If your undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, you are required to submit an official standardized test score as part of the application to the Graduate School. Official test scores are accepted from the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- For questions on the Graduate School admissions process, contact the Office of Admissions Processing at OAP@twu.edu or (940) 898-3076.
2. Apply to SLIS. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current. Submit the following materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail to TWU SLIS, PO Box 425769, Denton, TX 76204-5769.
- A SLIS Application Form (fillable PDF form; Chrome browser recommended)
- A resume
- A 2-page statement of intent (your professional goals and career interests)
- 3 professional reference letters sent via postal mail on official letterhead OR sent via email (to email@example.com) directly from the name of the reference
- Applications continue to be accepted until all available spaces are filled.
- The preferred application deadlines are July 1 for the Fall semester, December 1 for the Spring semester, and May 1 for the Summer semester.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact Cindy Englehart in the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or firstname.lastname@example.org.