Disability Services for Students
What is Disability Services for Students?
Disability Services for Students, or DSS, is a resource for Texas Woman’s University students with disabilities on the Denton, Dallas, and Houston campuses. DSS determines appropriate accommodations for students in the classroom and in the use of University facilities in order to provide equal access to educational opportunities at TWU.
Disability Services for Students assists students with disabilities by providing:
- Sign language interpreters
- Carbonless note taking paper
- Testing accommodations
- Services to ensure equal access to university programs
- Recommendations for appropriate academic support services
- Referrals for other services on campus and in the community
Students requesting services must complete an application form and provide our office with verification of a disability. Once registered, students are eligible to receive appropriate accommodations through the university. Students should register with the office of Disability Services for Students as early as possible to help ensure that all accommodations are in place by the beginning of the semester.