Undergraduate Dance Programs

3 students performing a modern dance
Photo by Jesse Scroggins.

Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Dance

Our undergraduate programs in dance will foster your development as an artist, educator and/or creative entrepreneur by providing a comprehensive practical and theoretical education in preparation for graduate studies or a professional career in dance or a dance-related field. The Department of Dance offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in dance with two options for study:

  1. Our dance studies option is designed to prepare you for a performance-related career, an advanced degree in dance, teaching in settings other than public schools where certification is not required. It will also prepare you for a career in arts advocacy, management or programming.
  2. Our dance education option is designed to prepare dance educators for teaching in middle and secondary schools. This option requires the same dance major courses as the dance studies option and also includes a core of professional education courses required by TWU and the Texas Education Agency leading to Texas Grade 6-12 Dance Certification.

Degree Plans

Programs of study for our undergraduate degrees
B.A. in Dance 
B.A. in Dance (6-12 Dance Certification)

Course Rotation

Dance Course Rotation

How to Apply

  1. Review the First-Year Student info and any other applicable admission requirements.
  2. If you are a transfer student, please review our undergraduate transfer student guidelines.
  3. Apply online at ApplyTexas.org.
  4. Take the Required Placement Assessment Class.

Program Overview

Goals and Objectives

Request More Information

The BA in Dance with 6-12 Teacher Certification prepares educator candidates for the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) exam (State Board for Educator Certification through the Texas Education Agency). If you are a resident of another state, contact the Office of Educator Preparation Services to determine whether our program fulfills requirements to take the certification exam in your home state. 

Page last updated 3:19 PM, November 8, 2018