Founded in 2015, Community Movers is a 13-member board of representatives for students of the Department of Dance. The board is comprised of undergraduate and graduate students, with one staff and one faculty advisor. The purpose of this honorary organization is to support the student body within the dance department academically and creatively; provide guidance and motivation through peer mentorship; encourage students throughout the academic school year with socials; create a non-judgmental space for students to feel acknowledged, respected, and encouraged; and provide opportunities for dance students to emerge as leaders within the community.
For information about Community Movers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Dance Retreat Co-sponsored with the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Outreach and the Department of Dance
- Final Showing Refreshment Table
- Holiday Harvest Hot Cocoa Bar
- Open Mic Nights
- Dance Family Potluck
- Dance Career Day Employer Panel and Mock Interviews Co-sponsored with TWU's Career Connections Center
- Wellness Fridays
- National Honor Society for Dance Arts Induction Ceremony
- Spring Awards Ceremony Co-sponsored with the Department of Dance
Board of Representatives
Every dance major is a member of Community Movers and eligible to vote in the annual Board of Representatives election process.
The Board of Representatives is advised by faculty member Dr. Matthew Henley and staff member Westin Portillo and consists of: Co-Facilitators (1-2 representatives), Secretary, Treasurer Historians (1-2 representatives), Event Coordinators (1-3 representatives), Undergraduate Representatives (up to 4), and Graduate Representatives (2) and is under Faculty/Staff Advisors Dr. Matthew Henley and Westin Portillo.
Page last updated 12:13 PM, June 19, 2018