Doctor of Philosophy in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies
TWU’s diverse campus and historical mission for women gives students who seek a comprehensive doctoral education in women’s and gender studies a unique opportunity to combine social justice issues with multicultural, transformational scholarship.
Our program aims to shape the field of women's and gender studies for the 21st century by focusing on:
- A thorough, yet flexible curriculum of core courses, qualifying examinations on pedagogy and transdisciplinary studies, guided electives and research tools.
- A dual-emphasis on teaching and publications in preparation for different academic positions.
- Small classrooms consisting of six new students admitted in alternating years to ensure quality of instruction, personalized mentoring and close supervision of research.
- A strong, supportive staff from both our own and TWU’s different academic departments.
Our graduates emerge from our program equipped with strong communication skills, all-encompassing critical thinking proficiency and transformative teaching and leadership techniques.
To ensure the quality of education for each of our doctoral students, we admit students in alternating years. Our next doctoral cohort begins class in Fall 2018. For more information on application deadlines and requirements, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Degree Plan
- Upcoming Courses
- Multicultural Women's and Gender Studies Ph.D. Handbook (pdf)
- Guided Electives
- Research Methods Courses
- Doctoral Students
Graduate School and Program Admission Requirements
Departmentally-required documents should be sent directly to our office either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to our department P.O. Box.
Need More Information?
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for information regarding our application requirements, deadlines and program details. For additional questions, please contact our program director, AnaLouise Keating, Ph.D., at email@example.com or 940-898-2129.
Page last updated 3:42 PM, July 18, 2018