Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
The IACUC reviews and approves all research at TWU involving vertebrate animals to insure humane treatment in all aspects of the care and use of animals for research, testing or education. All members of research teams using animals must complete mandatory training. The IACUC operates under a federally approved animal welfare assurance.
IACUC Forms: The IACUC Forms are available by clicking on the links below. You should save the file to your computer and then complete it using Microsoft Word. To submit a new application, amendment, or annual review form, send the Word file as an e-mail attachment to Ms. LeJuan Byford, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (ORSP). All signature pages of the forms with original signatures must be sent to the ORSP.
- IACUC Protocol Application Form
- IACUC Amendment Form
- IACUC Annual Protocol Review Form
- IACUC Animal Purchase Form (updated 2/15/2018)
- IACUC Animal User Approval Request Form
- IACUC How to Sign Up for CITI Training
- IACUC Health Status Form
- IACUC Animal Transfer Form
- IACUC Tissue Transfer Form
- IACUC Consent to Grant Access to the Animal Facilities
Dr. Dayna Averitt, Biology, Chair
Dr. Egeenee Q. Daniels, DVM, Attending Veterinarian