Common Delays in Converting Requisitions to Purchase Orders
In order to expedite the processing of Requisitions to Purchase Orders, please remember the following:
- The Requisition does not get forwarded to Purchasing until after the Account Approver has gone into Oracle and approved the purchase. Check iProcurement for the status of your requisition.
- If you have a new supplier that is not already in the system, you must check the “New Supplier” box on the requisition. You must also attach a completed New Supplier Form and Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (W-9) to the requisition.
- You must provide the correct object code for the purchase. See the Commonly Used Object Codes before submitting your Requisition.
- Provide complete descriptions in the description field.
- For services, the description must have the date of the service.
- For goods, list exactly what it is and the size, i.e. (1) case of 60 tablets, or (6) t-shirts (2) med and (4) large, etc., not just a catalog number.
- For reservations, include the name of the person or persons you are making the reservations for and the date or dates of the reservation.
- For conferences, include who is going, where are they going, when are they going and why are they going.
- For food, include what the event is for, who the food is for, when the event is taking place and where the event will take place. Also make sure to include the price per item and how many of each item will be purchased. Complete a Food Purchase Justification Form when required.
- Attach the quote and/or contract information to the requisition.
- For printing, any outside printing must have Marketing approval.
- If the Requisition is over $10,000 you must get at least 3 bids and put the information on the distribution level of line one (1) of the Requisition. Follow the guidelines for Procurement Guidelines for details on the bid information required. The winning bid information will go first. Be sure to complete all required segments. You may also purchase from a Collaborative Buying. Contact Procurement Services if you have any questions.
Page last updated 10:14 AM, November 30, 2017