- You must be a TWU student to use student legal services.
- The legal services must be only for you.
- Your dispute cannot be with TWU or other TWU students.
- In order to get advice you must set up an appointment.
- Appointment information is available on the student life webpage.
- The appointment is not confirmed without an information sheet.
- The non-contact information you provide is confidential.
- You have two free consultations for each legal matter.
- Advice, legal research, and calls are included.
- Legal advice is not given by email, due to confidentiality issues.
- Bring any legal documents that pertain to your problem.
- Referrals to local attorneys will be made as needed.
- Those attorneys will charge legal fees for their services.
- The legal services program does not warranty those services.
- The program does not assist students with their business ventures.
- The student legal services advisor has a private practice.
- He cannot handle your matter as part of that practice.
- He can only assist you through student legal services.
- The legal services are free to TWU students.
- TWU legal services is a boutique provider and has limited resources.
Legal Services is here to serve you and to enrich your student life.
TWU LEGAL SERVICES is dedicated to providing TWU Students with legal advice and direction within the limits of the resources that are available. It is the goal of the program to serve the needs of our student legal consumers with the same care and consideration that we would give to our own. We pledge to provide those students with every possible legal service and to resolve every legal problem possible. Although our services are free to our student legal consumers, we will always treat them with the respect that a valuable customer deserves.
State Bar Notice
The State Bar of Texas investigates and prosecutes professional misconduct committed by Texas attorneys. Although not every complaint against or dispute with a lawyer involves professional misconduct, the State Bar’s Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel will provide you with information about how to file a complaint.
Please call 1-800-932-1900 toll-free for more information.