Daniel C. Miller, Ph.D., ABPP
Daniel C. Miller, Ph.D., ABPP
Professor Emeritus – Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Office: WH 301B2
940-898-2467 phone | 940-898-2464 fax | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diplomate in School Psychology, ABPP
Diplomate in School Neuropsychology, ABSNP
Fellow, National Academy of Neuropsychologists
Nationally Certified School Psychologist
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
- Ph.D., 1989, Education – The Ohio State University: Emphasis: School psychology, neuropsychology, & electrophysiology
- M.A., 1980, School Psychology – Miami University
- B.A. 1978, Psychology – The University of Cincinnati
School neuropsychology assessment, school neuropsychology and school psychology professional issues (e.g., credentialing, licensure, specialization), early childhood assessment.
- Miller, D. C. (in press). Advanced clinical interpretation of the WISC-V Integrated. In L. G. Wiess, J. A. Holdnack, & A. Prifitera (Eds.). WISC-V clinical use and interpretation: Scientist-practitioner perspectives, 2nd edition. New York: Academic Press.
- Miller, D. C. & Maricle, D. E. (2018). The emergence of neuropsychological constructs into tests of intelligence and cognitive abilities. In D. P. Flanagan & E. M. McDonough. Contemporary intellectual assessment, Fourth edition: Theories, tests, and issues. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Woodcock, R. W., Miller, D. C., Maricle, D. E., & McGill, R. J. (2018). Contemporary and emerging issues: Functional CHC nomenclature. In D. P. Flanagan & E. M. McDonough. Contemporary intellectual assessment, Fourth edition: Theories, tests, and issues. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Miller, D. C. (2017). Neuropsychological assessment in the schools. Reference module in neuroscience and biobehavioral psychology. 1-7. Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Elsevier.
- Miller, D. C., McGill, R. J., & Maricle, D. E. (2017). The WJ IV Scholastic Aptitude/Achievement Comparisons by Age (Woodcock-Johnson IV Assessment Service Bulletin No. 10). Rolling Meadows, IL: Riverside.
- Woodcock, R. W., Miller, D. C., Maricle, D. E., & McGill, R. J. (2017). Evidence-based selective assessment for academic disorders. Middletown, MD: School Neuropsych Press.
- Miller, D. C. & McGill, R. (2016). Review of the WISC-V. In A. S. Kaufman, S. E. Raiford, D. L. Coalson (Eds.). Intelligence testing with the WISC-V (pp.645-662). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Miller, D. C. & Jones, A. M. (2016). Interpreting the WISC–V from Dan Miller’s Integrated School Neuropsychological/Cattell- Horn-Carroll Model. In A. S. Kaufman, S. E. Raiford, D. L. Coalson (Eds.). Intelligence testing with the WISC-V (pp.459-492). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Miller, D. C., McGill, R., & Bauman Johnson, W. L. (2016). Neurocognitive Applications of the WJ-IV. In D. Flanagan & V. Alfonso (Eds.). WJ IV clinical use and interpretation: Scientist-practitioner perspective (pp. 355-388). Novato, CA: Academic Therapy Press.
- Miller, D. C. (2015). Integration of the WJ IV, WISC-V, WISC-V Integrated, and WIAT-III into a school neuropsychological assessment model. School psychology forum: Research in practice, 9(3), 251-128.
- Miller, D. C. & Maricle, D. E. (2014). Best practices in school neuropsychological assessment and intervention. In A. Thomas & P. L. Harrison (Eds.), Best Practices in School Psychology VI. Bethesda, MD: NASP.
- Miller, D. C. (2013). Essentials of school neuropsychological assessment – Second Edition. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Miller, D. C. (2013). School neuropsychology conceptual model. In B. Irby, G. Brown, & R. Laro-Alecio (Eds.), Handbook of educational theories. Scottsdale, AZ: Information Age Publishing Co.
- Maricle, D., Miller, D. C., Hale, J. B., & Johnson, W. L. (2012). Let’s Not Lose Sight of the Importance of the Biological Bases of Behavior. Trainer’s Forum, 31(1), 71-84.
- Miller, D. C., & Maricle, D. (2012). The emergence of neuropsychological constructs into tests of intelligence. In D. P. Flanagan and P. L. Harrison (Eds.). Contemporary Intellectual Assessment – Third Edition. NY: The Guilford Press
- Maricle, D., Miller, D. C., & Mortimer, J. (2011). Memory tests in pediatric neuropsychology. In. A. David (Ed.). Handbook of Pediatric Neuropsychology (pp. 275-291). New York: Springer.
- Schrank, F. A., Miller, D. C., Wendling, B. J., & Woodcock, R. W. (2010). Essentials of the WJ III Cognitive Abilities Assessment. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Miller, D. C. (Ed.) (2010). Best practices in school neuropsychology: Guidelines for effective practices, assessment, and evidence-based intervention. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Miller, D. C., DeOrnellas, K., & Maricle, D. (2010). What is So Special About the Specialist Degree? In E. García-Vázquez, T. Crespi & C. Riccio (Eds.). Handbook of education, training and supervision of school psychologists in school and community - Volume I: foundations of professional practice.
- Hale, J., Alfonso, V., Berninger, V., Bracken, B., Christo, C., Clark, E., et al. (2010). Critical Issues in response-to-intervention, comprehensive evaluation, and specific learning disabilities identification and intervention: An expert white paper consensus. Pittsburgh, PA: Learning Disabilities Association of America.
Honors and Service
- President - American Academy of School Psychology (2018)
- Department Chair, Psychology and Philosophy Department, Texas Woman’s University (1998-2002, 2005-2015)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (2006) – National Association of School Psychologists Neuropsychology Interest Group
- Distinction in Service Award (2005) – Texas Woman’s University
- President, National Association of School Psychologists (2003-04)
- Founding President, Texas Association of School Psychologists (1993-94)
Page last updated 7:44 AM, October 10, 2018