Practices for Instruction & Learning for Online Teaching
Purpose of the Program
The purpose of the PILOT program is to provide Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) with resources and instruction for teaching in the online environment at the college level.
GTAs, supported by their home departments, enroll in a four-week online summer course designed to give participants opportunities to practice technical and pedagogical strategies for teaching online at the college level.
The course will explore:
- Creating content and using tools in Canvas
- Community building in the online environment
- Facilitating learner-to-instructor interaction
- Designing accessible course modules
Applicants must be scheduled to teach their first online or hybrid course during the 2018-2019 academic year as a GTA (instructor of record).
Department chairs or program coordinators distribute the program application to interested GTAs.
Completed applications can be sent to the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology by mail to P.O. Box 425649, Denton, Texas 76204-5649, by fax to 940-898-2771, or by email to TLT@twu.edu. The TLT office is located in Stoddard Hall, room 313.
2018 PILOT Application | Application deadline: June 29, 2018 by 5 p.m.
- April 23, 2018 – Application Opens
- June 29, 2018 – Application Closes
- July 23, 2018 – Course Opens
- August 17, 2018 – Course Closes
- August 17, 2018 – Final Project Due
(After verification of completion of online course and required deliverables, ($750) payment is submitted for processing.)