The 2019 Terry Scholarship Application
Scholarship Deadline: March 30, 2019
Are You Eligible?
U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Has resided in the State of Texas since June 20161 and 2
Completed3 at least 30 hours of transferrable4, post-high school credit5 at a Texas college or university6 at the time of application7
At least 20 years of age or older as of May 1 of the year of application
- A record of leadership in school and/or community
- Demonstrate strong leadership potential and character
- Strong academic abilities, as evidenced by grades (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- Will enroll in a degree program with the majority of courses taken face-to-face
- Demonstrate financial need
- Acceptance to TWU as a full-time entering transfer student in the fall or the summer preceding
- May not currently attend a Terry-affiliated university
- May not have previously interviewed for a Terry scholarship
1 Current State of Texas resident at the time the application is submitted.
2 An applicant can exclude time on active duty in uniformed service of the United States. Such time outside the State of Texas while on active duty does not count against a continuous residence.
3 30 hours must be complete by the application deadline.
4 30 hours must be transferable. This would include all Texas Common Course Numbering courses. If you have any questions, please email us with the specific course information at email@example.com.
5 High school dual credit coursework may not be included.
6 The 30 hours requirement must be earned in residence. Online courses may count towards the 30 transferable hours if they are taken at an accredited institution while physically attending an institution in the state of Texas.
7 Course work may be earned at a Texas community college or four-year university. Transferable credits earned at a duty station while on active duty as a member of a uniformed service of the United States will count towards the 30-hour requirement; such credits earned need not be credits earned at a “Texas college or university”
Terry Transfer Scholarships are a fixed stipend determined by the Terry Foundation. The stipend for transfer scholars for the 2018-2019 academic year is $13,800.
Terry Transfer Scholars are not required to live on campus but are more than welcome to do so. Visit the Department of University Housing for more information.
Page last updated 10:49 AM, August 15, 2018