Applying for the Terry Scholarship
- Apply to TWU. You must be accepted for the fall semester and submit test scores.
- Create your TWU Portal Account
- Complete the general scholarship application in the TWU Pioneer Scholarship System.
- If you meet the academic requirements for the scholarship it will appear in your Recommended Scholarships section.
- Please contact us if you cannot locate the scholarship.
- Complete the Terry Scholars Award – FTIC (first time in college) or Terry Scholars Award – Transfer scholarship
- Provide email addresses of individuals who will be able to write letters of recommendation on your behalf
- File a FAFSA, and submit the TWU Certification Information Form (CIF) online via your Pioneer Portal
FTIC application deadline: January 11, 2019
Transfer application deadline: March 30, 2019
Continuing Scholar Expectations
To continue receiving the Terry Scholarship each year, you must meet the following renewal criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year and comply with any verification requests
- Complete the Terry Foundation self-evaluation letter each year
- Attend all Terry Foundation functions (3 per academic year)
- Comply with all aspects of the university code of conduct and the Terry Foundation Scholar Handbook
Page last updated 10:50 AM, August 15, 2018