Free Summer Housing
To be eligible for free housing during the summer semesters, you must meet the following:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Be a current TWU student, and in good academic and conduct standing with the University
- Enroll in and complete six credit hours per summer term, or a four-hour science class per term or nine hours over the long summer term
- If a student drops below 6 hours after the census date during Summer 2, he or she will be ineligible for free housing during Summer 3.
- A $50 housing application fee applies if you are new to residence hall living. The fee is waived if you already live on-campus
Free summer housing is available for the 2018 summer, summer 2 and summer 3 semesters.
A total of 250 beds will be available for free summer housing:
- 100 beds in Jones Hall (must purchase a separate meal plan)
- 150 beds in Lowry Woods' Capps and Austin Halls (no meal plan required)
Summer: June 3
Summer 2: June 3
Summer 3: July 8
Summer: Aug. 10
Summer 2: July 6
Summer 3: Aug. 10
Summer 1 is not eligible for free housing. You must already be a current TWU student to qualify for free housing.