Student Life Division Awards
May 21, 2018 - DENTON - Student Life recognized the contributions of division staff last week during its annual awards breakfast. The Student Life Awards Committee coordinated the event, which has been a mainstay for more than a decade. Winners were nominated by colleagues for their contributions to the division and commitment to the university.
Outstanding Director - Honors directors who provide outstanding service beyond the standard expectations of their position.
- Chalese Connors, Director of Athletics
- Dr. Beth Palmer, Executive Director of Fitness and Recreation
Outstanding Division Member - Awarded to any division staff member, excluding director-level and above, who fosters their growth in order to better serve others.
More than two years
- Dr. Marshall Bewley, Assistant Director of Clinical Services
- Charolette Hunt, Assistant Director Athletics/Compliance and Academic Services
Less than two years
- Chloe Jones, Assistant Director of Housing Administrative Services
- Anna Kessenich, Associate Director Student Union Programming
Diversity in Leadership Award - Awarded to any division staff member, excluding director-level and above, whose leadership uplifts, inspires and challenges others and who provides guidance, support and/or service to others.
- Melissa Carr, Manager of Design Services
- Angelica Landeros-Henderson, Associate Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Outreach
- Stacy Richter, Senior Secretary of International Education
- Brittanie Romine, Assistant Director of Veteran and Non-Traditional Student Services
Empowerment Award - Recognizes someone who encourages and enables another colleague(s) to grown in their position and who challenges others to think outside of the box.
- Michelle Reeves, Director of Civility and Community Standards
Campus with a Heart Award - Recognizes someone who embodies our caring campus culture and goes above and beyond for students, faculty and/or staff in compassionate and heartfelt ways.
- Denise Bradway, Senior Secretary of Counseling and Psychological Services
- Jo Cohn, Manager of Housing Assignments and Accounts
- Beth Lewis, Director of Special Events and ID Systems
Page last updated 3:24 PM, May 22, 2018