Start a New Student Organization
Want to start a new Student Organization at the Dallas Center?
Things to consider
- Which category (Departmental, Greek, Honorary, Religious, Special Interest, Sports Clubs, or University Sanctioned) best describes your organization?
- What will you name your new organization?
- It is suggested that you have at least 8 students interested in your organization.
- What do you require of students to gain membership in your organization?
- What are the reasons a student should join your organization?
- How will your new organization benefit the TWU Dallas Center community? How is it different from other organizations available at the Dallas Center?
- Who will serve as your faculty/staff advisor?
- How will you elect leadership and/or officers?
- Have you thought about what you would place in a Constitution?
Steps to take
Step 1: Contact the Student Life Office (Suite 3600) at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting time and review the New Chartered Student Organization Application
Step 2: Fill out the New Chartered Student Organization Application before your appointment.
Step 3: During the meeting, the application will be reviewed and changes, if necessary, will be requested. You will also determine a date to attend an upcoming SGA Board Meeting to present the new student organization for review and approval by SGA.
Step 4: Attend an SGA Board Meeting and present your student organization proposal. Your proposed advisor and other potential student organization board members may also attend. SGA will review, ask questions, and vote on your organization. You will be notified within 48 hours of the meeting the results of the vote. In case vote does not pass, you will be given an opportunity to make necessary changes to your proposal and return for a future hearing.