Apply for Spring 2019 Election Positions
Deadline: March 20 at 5:00 pm
Current TWU students may apply for spring elections by completing the following:
- Submit 2019 Elections Packet to the Center for Student Development, 1st floor of Student Union.
- All candidates must attend one of the Mandatory Election Code Meetings.
March 19, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm ACT 501
March 20, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm ACT 501
March 22, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm ACT 501
- Voting will be held online on the Pioneer Portal from Monday, April 8 at 9:00 am through Wednesday, April 10 at 5:00 pm.
- Election results will be announced via phone call Wednesday, April 10 starting at 6:00 pm. Results will be posted for the public on our social media pages and website by Friday, April 12.
- All candidates must campaign!
- Campaigning begins Friday, March 22.
- Copies of all campaign material must be submitted to the Election Commission prior to being posted. You must submit them to the Center for Student Development located on the 1st floor of the Student Union, or submit your materials to SGA Elections.
- All campaign materials must follow University and election code policies (election code policy can be found under Additional information).
- All candidates must attend at least one Meet the Candidates Event.
Tuesday, April 2, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm Maroon Lobby
Wednesday, April 3, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm Underground Lounge
- All elected candidates must attend a transition meeting. (Dates TBA)
- All elected candidates must attend the SGA Banquet on Friday, April 26 at 6:30 pm.
- All campaign material must be removed by Monday, April 15.
- Qualifications, duties, and responsibilities for each SGA position can be found in the 2019 SGA Qualifications (pdf).
- All candidates and election procedures are bound by the SGA Elections Code (Coming Soon!)
- All complaints must be filed to the SGA Election Committee.
scroll to see the full table⇨
|February 8||SGA Application Opens @ 8:00 am|
|March 1||SGA Application Closes @ 5:00 pm|
|March 19 & 20||Mandatory Election Code Meeting 6:00 – 7:30 pm ACT 501|
|March 22||Mandatory Election Code Meeting 11:00 am – 12:30 pm ACT 501|
|March 22||Campaigning Begins|
|April 2||Meet the Candidates 11:30 am – 1:00 pm Maroon Lobby|
|April 3||Meet the Candidates 11:30 am – 1:00 pm Underground Lounge|
|April 8||Voting Opens Pioneer Portal|
|April 10||Voting Closes @ 5:00 pm|
|April 17||Red Bud Awards @ 6:00 pm|
|April 26||SGA Banquet @ 6:00 pm|
Page last updated 11:33 AM, March 18, 2019