Dual Degree MBA and MHSM
The MBA/MHSM dual degree program prepares future executives to assume responsible positions in health care and related organizations. The dual program provides a mechanism for students to apply the theoretical concepts of business administration to the management of health care organizations (MHSM).
- Are offered in the evening or on Saturday to meet the schedule of working professionals
- Include a blended delivery of online and face to face sessions
- Are offered at the TWU-Dallas campus
- Use skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Are offered online or in the hybrid format
- Class sessions are held on Saturdays at multiple locations in the DFW area.
- Undergraduate Degree from Accredited University
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better
- Five (5) years work experience
- Apply to TWU
- Resume MBA@twu.edu
- Two (2) letters of recommendation MBA@twu.edu
- No GRE or GMAT required
- Prerequisite coursework may be required based on previous academic and/or professional experience
Semester credit hours required
The dual degree requires 57 hours of graduate coursework. The MHSM requires 45 hours. Due to a variety of instructional material common to both degrees, the dual degree can be earned with the addition of 4 courses.
|BUS 5133||Marketing Management||3|
|BUS 5433||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 5453||Business Leadership||3|
|BUS 5523||Management and Organization||3|
|BUS 5663||Managerial Decision Making||3|
|BUS 5923||Global Business||3|
|BUS 5963||Management Operations||3|
|HSM 5003||Management of Health Services Organizations||3|
|HSM 5033||Health Services Human Resource Management||3|
|HSM 5043||Legal Foundations of Health Systems Management||3|
|HSM 5053||Quantitative Methods in Health Systems Management||3|
|HSM 5063||Financial Management for Health Systems Management||3|
|HSM 5083||Analysis and Management of Health in Populations||3|
|HSM 5183||Health Resources and Policy Analysis||3|
|HSM 5263||Advanced Financial Management for Health Systems Management||3|
|HSM 5933||Capstone Seminar in Health Systems Management||3|
|Electives (9 SCH)|
|Select nine semester credit hours from any graduate level HSM, BUS, or ECO course not shown above.||9|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||57|
Recommendations regarding course sequence
- HSM 5003, HSM 5033, HSM 5053, HSM 5083, HSM 5183, BUS 5433 should be taken early in the program.
- BUS 5433, HSM 5063, and HSM 5263 must be taken in this order.
- HSM 5043 should be taken toward the end of the program.
- HSM 5933 serves as the Capstone course for the program and should be taken in a student's final semester. Enrollment in HSM 5933 will not be allowed prior to completion of all of the HSM courses listed in the above recommendations.
- The remaining BUS courses and electives may be taken at any time.
Page last updated 11:31 AM, May 17, 2017