School of Library and Information Studies
Ph.D., 1973, University of Iowa,
M.A., 1975, University of Chicago,
M.A., 1967, Indiana University,
A.B., 1965, University of Chicago,
History in the Humanities
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 1974-75, University of Chicago, Council on Library Resources
- Librarian, University of Iowa, 1976-77
- Faculty, East Texas State University (now TAMU-Commerce), 1977-81
- Member of TWU SLIS faculty since 1981
- LS 5313 The College and University Library, LS 5383 Library Management, LS 5083 Foundations of Library and Information Studies
- Dr. Swigger has published numerous articles. His research focuses on the nature of professionalism, particularly as related to librarianship.
- The MLS Project: An Assessment After Sixty Years. Scarecrow Press, 2010.
- University Library Advisory Committee
- Chair, Management Competences Commitee, Library Leadership and Management Association
page last updated 4/15/2014 8:36 PM