News & Events
The American Library Association’s Committee on Accreditation has reaffirmed accreditation for Texas Woman’s University’s master of library science and master of arts in library science degree programs through 2024.
Virtual Open House
Explore a career in Library and Information Services
Wednesday, October 4, 2017, 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Format: An online webinar
- Will attend the Virtual Open House at their own computer with a headphone. A microphone is not required.
- Will learn in an information presentation about the online master's degree and certificate programs offered by Texas Woman's University.
- Will have opportunities for questions following the presentation.
Register to attend the TWU SLIS Virtual Open House.
Instructions for attending the Virtual Open House webinar:
- Click the Guest Link (below) to join the Blackboard Collaborate presentation at 7:00 p.m. on the night of the webinar. The link will not be active until a few minutes before the session start time.
- Guest Link for all participants: https://twu.blackboard.com/webapps/bb-collaborate-bb_bb60/launchSession/guest?uid=9771eeef-d5ca-4b9f-ad91-f39b5abe3074&course_id=_29132_1
- To join the session by teleconference only, call the Participant Phone number: 571-392-7703, and use the Participant PIN: 575927724301.
If you have not used Blackboard Collaborate previously, please do a trial run a few days before the Virtual Open House, so that Blackboard can check your system configurations. To view the hardware and software prerequisites for Blackboard Collaborate please visit the Blackboard Collaborate Help site. For any technical questions, please contact the TWU Service Desk.
For more information about the Virtual Open House, please contact Ileana Lopez-Jimenez at 940-898-2720 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Online Orientation Webinar on January 8, 2018
SLIS Director Dr. Ling H. Jeng and SLIS Academic Advisor Ileana Lopez-Jimenez will walk you through the basic information essential for a successful beginning of your program of study. They will also answer your questions.
SLIS Memorial Scholarship Endowed Fund
Texas Woman’s University School of Library and Information Studies is pleased to announce the establishment of the SLIS Memorial Scholarship Endowed Fund.
The Fund was initially established to honor the memory of Tara Morgan McDowell, the beloved daughter of Dr. Carol Perryman, a SLIS faculty member. Tara died at the age of 38 in May, 2015 of metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. Born at Ft. Hood, Texas, Tara lived in Washington, Germany, Illinois, Kansas, and Oregon. She loved reading, bad horror movies, philosophical debates, high heels, and gourmet cooking. Ultimately, she was a strong and intelligent woman who fought tough circumstances in her life. Nothing was easy for her. She never went to college. At the end, time was too short for her to see the ocean once again, or to attend the wedding of a friend. But right to the end, she valued and supported those around her, and she left her love with those who knew her as a unique and spirited person.
It is fitting to honor her memory by helping others to fulfill their dreams. Because of this, the Fund has been expanded beyond this single but important purpose to offer a way for TWU School of Library & Information Studies faculty, staff, students, as well as family and friends and the extended TWU community, to honor their own memories by helping others.
Donations to the TWU SLIS Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund are welcome and appreciated and may be made online through the TWU Foundation. When making a gift online, please choose "Other" for the gift designation and enter “SLIS Memorial Scholarship.”
Gifts by check may be made payable to "TWU Foundation" with "SLIS Memorial Scholarship" in the memo line and mailed to:
PO Box 425618
Denton, TX 76204
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us / What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal— Albert Pike
Page last updated 3:10 PM, August 28, 2017