School of Library and Information Studies
Ph.D., 1981, University of Illinois at Champaign
Library and Information Science
M.A., 1974, University of Wisconsin at Madison
B.A., 1970, Prairie View A&M University
- Fulbright Scholar, National University of Science and Technology, Zimbabwe
- Fulbright Scholar, Faculty of Information Sciences, Moi University, Kenya
- Assistant Professor, University of Oklahoma, Library and Information Studies
- Instructor, University of Northern Iowa, Department of Teaching
Graduate level courses: LS 5083 Foundations of Library and Information Studies, LS 5263 Information Sources and Services, LS 5323 The Special Library, LS 5133 Indexing and Abstracting, LS 5213 Information Sources in Business, LS 5523 Multicultural Librarianship, LS 6733 Action Research
Dr. Curry has been the author of numerous publications. Selected journal articles include
- Curry, Evelyn. 2005. The Reference Interview Revisited: Librarian-Patron Interaction in the Virtual Environment. SIMILE 5 (February).
- Curry, Evelyn. 2003. The Use of Grounded Theory as a Knowledge Management Tool. Journal of Theory Construction and Testing 7 (Fall): 39-42.
Dr. Curry’s service includes participation at various levels in the professional community. Selected service activities include:
- Association for Library and Information Science Education. Bohdan Wynar Research Committee, 2011-2012.
- Texas Library Association. Conference Planning Committees, 2013-2014, 2008-2009; Awards Committee, 2011-2012; Continuing Education Committee, 2005-2007.
- “Characteristics of the BUSLIB Discussion List: A Content Analysis.” Poster presented at the Special Libraries Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, June 2010.
- “Information-Seeking Behavior of African-American Women with HIV-AIDS: A Grounded Theory.” Poster presented at the International Federation of Library Associations Annual Conference, Milan, Italy, August 2009.
- “The Death of Reference: Point, Counterpoint.” Presented at the Texas Library Association Annual Conference, Houston, TX, April 2009.
- Editorial boards: Journal of Theory Construction and Testing, ABNF (Association of Black Nursing Faculty) Journal.
page last updated 2/28/2014 11:20 AM