$100,000 and Beyond, 100% Participation
Historically, TWU employees have been very gracious in their giving through the State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) and we look forward to continuing that tradition. TWU has won multiple awards for participation and per capita giving in the State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC).
TWU Wins Texas SECC Awards
TWU won 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 Texas SECC awards for:
- Highest Per Capita Gift (751 – 2000 Employees) &
- Highest Participation in Higher Education (751 – 2000 Employees)
Congratulations to a caring University... Your support does count!
2017 TWU SECC Events
Please invite your department’s employees to participate in our TWU SECC events!
- Chancellor's Kick-off Lunch - Thursday, September 28 @ 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- TriBALLathon - Wednesday, October 18 @ 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 5K Run/Walk - Saturday, October 21 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Chili Cook-Off, Pie Bake-off & Basket Auction - Tuesday, October 24 @11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Wrap-up Party - Tuesday, November 14 @ 3-4 p.m.
Bettye Myers Incentive Awards
Dr. Bettye Myers once again challenges our 2017 Torchbearers! Academic departments turning in completed pledge forms from 100% of their employees will be eligible to win a $1,000 scholarship courtesy of Dr. Myers.
Non-academic departments turning in completed pledge forms from 100% of their employees will be entered into a drawing to win a $1,000 to use as they wish.
Torchbearers are volunteers approved by academic component leadership whose job is to inspire and rally the TWU community during the SECC fundraising campaign. These individuals represent their academic component, are the contact person for submitting SECC donations and who can answer questions about the TWU SECC fundraising activities.
TWU & SECC Historical Videos
TWU's participation in the SECC campaign over the past 15+ years has impacted thousands in our community! You can see videos of how your donations impact those in need at our TWU SECC Video Archive.
Page last updated 11:46 AM, September 13, 2017