5K Fun Run/Walk
Weather updates which may impact the walk/run will be posted here!
Saturday, October 13 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Registration & Start/End meets in front of the TWU Fitness & Recreation Center
Who can enter?
TWU Employees are welcome to enter TWU's second ever SECC 5K Fun Run/Walk! Family and friends are welcome to attend and cheer you on! This is an fun, healthy, and easy way to show your support while contributing to the State employee Charitable Campaign. Everyone is encouraged to join us! Participants may run or walk individually or with a team. Recommended donation is $20 per individual participant and each individual in a team, but any donation amount is appropriate and all are welcome to participate. All proceeds go directly to the SECC campaign!
What can I/our team win?
Besides bragging rites, awards will given to both individuals and teams for the following categories:
- Best individual times: (Female & Male) (Over & Under 30 yrs. of age);
- Best average team time;
One finalist from each category will be awarded first place and will win an award and community-donated prize. Those placing in second and third place in each category will receive ribbons representing their respective placement. An appointed panel will evaluate entries. Prizes will be awarded to one member/team only, not each individual in a team.
How do I/we participate in the 5K Fun Run/Walk?
- Determine if you will be organizing a team or if you will be running individually. If you are participating as part of a team, you will need to select a Team Captain. This Team Captain will be the person responsible for:
coordinating the team, team costume (if applicable), and team needs;
communicating information provided by the event coordinators to their team members; and
collecting and submitting all team members' entry donations.
- If possible, pre-register before 5:00 p.m., Friday, October 12 by completing the 5K Fun Run/Walk Entry Form. Participants who miss this online pre-registration window may register for the event in person the morning of October 16 between 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. in front of the TWU Fitness & Recreation Center.
- Submit the entry donation (cash or check payable to TWU SECC). Entry donations may be submitted in advance to Nora Sierra at ACT 10 (x81-3352) by Friday, October 12 @ 5:00 p.m. or at the registration table the morning of the event between 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. You may send the entry donation by campus main, but please include a note with the entry donation indicating the participant’s name and team name (if applicable) so we can match entries.
- Arrive in front of the TWU Fitness & Recreation Center on Saturday, October 13 between 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. to check-in or complete your registration!
- Walk, Run, and Have Fun!
The route will go around the outskirts of the TWU campus. A map will be provided at registration and the route will be clearly marked. Water stations will be available along the route.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Scott Martin (x81-3508)
Page last updated 3:33 PM, September 11, 2018