Symposium Abstract Form
The first step to participating in the Student Symposium is to submit a completed abstract form . Please read through the instructions on this page prior to initiating your abstract form through TWU SharePoint.
Undergraduate and graduate students of any academic discipline are invited to submit projects. All projects must have a faculty sponsor.
Abstract submissions must be approved by the faculty sponsor. Upon receipt of the abstract form, the Symposium staff will request official approval from the faculty sponsor listed on the application. This email will contain specific instructions for the faculty member to submit the approval. You are strongly urged to have approval from your faculty member prior to submitting the abstract form.
- The abstract must be limited to 150 words or less. Abstracts exceeding the word limit will be returned.
- Abstracts of works-in-progress will be accepted.
- Please double check the information for accuracy (including spelling) as it will be used to generate Symposium materials including certificates, nametags and the program.
Abstracts were due Tuesday, February 20, 2018. Abstracts will be processed within 30 days of receipt for acceptance to the Symposium and session assignments will be made in March 2018.
- Abstracts will be submitted through the Student Symposium TWU SharePoint site. You may be prompted for your Portal username and password. If you are accessing the site from an off-campus computer, you may need to add "@twu.edu" after your username to log in. Depending on the security settings of your computer, you may be required to log in more than once.
- Once you are logged into SharePoint, you will press the "new" button to initiate a new abstract. You will be able to save the form to edit later until you actually submit the form using the SUBMIT button. DO NOT use the upload button to upload other files.
- Once the abstract form is submitted, you will receive a confirmation message on the screen.
- The first author will also receive a formal email within 30 days of the abstract submission.
QUESTIONS and CONTACT INFORMATION
For additional information or questions or if you have trouble accessing the form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 940-898-3375.
Page last updated 9:13 AM, October 12, 2017