FY 2018 Research Enhancement Program Awards
New Investigator Category:
- Dr. Kevin Becker, Kinesiology, “The Effect of Ambient Heat Stress on Fine Motor Task Performance,” $9,998.
- Dr. Veronica Kuhn, Family Sciences, “A Biobehavioral Family Model of Academic Outcomes for Chronically Ill Children in Fragile Families,” $9,944.
- Dr. Monique LeMieux, “Nutrition & Food Sciences, “Analyzing the Metabolic and Anti-inflammatory Effects of Whey Protein Isolate in PCOS vs. Non-PCOS Women,”$10,000.
- Dr. Nasrin Mirsaleh-Kohan & Dr. Richard Sheardy, Chemistry & Biochemistry, “Circular Dichroism and Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering Analysis of the DNA Modifications upon Binding to Chemotherapeutic Agents,” $10,000.
- Dr. Ratonia Runnels, Social Work, “Improving Mental Health Outcomes Among HIV Positive Women in Texas,” $9,993.
Continuing Faculty Category:
- Dr. Camelia Maier, Biology, “Purification, Characterization and Biological Activities of Croton Phytoestrogens and Diterpenoids,” $5,340.
- Dr. Nathaniel Mills, Biology, “Testosterone Maintains Spermatogenesis by Preventing Germ Cell Apoptosis,” $9,996.
- Dr. Manal Omary, Chemistry & Biochemistry, “Bright Red/Green/Blue (RGB) and Near-Infrared (NIR) Light-Emitting Materials for Next-Gen Luminaires and Electronic Gadgets,” $10,000.
Page last updated 9:55 AM, June 26, 2017