Time & Effort Reporting
Per TWU Policy 5.24, the effort of personnel on all Federal grants and on grants with personnel cost share commitments must be certified via Personnel Activity Reports (PARs). These reports record both paid and cost shared time on grant projects as a percentage of the total effort at the University.
PARs are generated by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) and sent to Principal Investigators for distribution to grant personnel for signatures at the end of each semester and at the end of summer. The PAR system ensures that TWU is in compliance with federal time and effort reporting requirements and TWU policy.
- ORSP will send a Personnel Activity Verification Report to the PI during the reporting period to confirm projected personnel activity for each grant. ORSP will use these verified reports to generate PARs.
- ORSP will send completed individual PARs to PIs at the end of each reporting period (fall, spring, summer).
- PIs are responsible for submission of completed PARs to ORSP.
- Signatures on these documents will certify that the effort distribution reasonably reflects grant activities.
- Grant personnel / PI should verify that the effort listed on the PAR accurately reflects the activity before signing PARs.
- Grant personnel / PI should contact ORSP if information on a PAR differs from their records.
- Signed PARs become final and official records.
For more information, see:
Refer to TWU's Time and Effort Reporting Procedures for more detailed information.
Page last updated 4:36 PM, June 22, 2018