Titus Asbury, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Core Undergraduate Psychology Faculty
Office: CFO #803
- Ph.D., 2001, Experimental Psychology – Texas Christian University
- M.A., 1994, Experimental Psychology - East Tennessee State
- B.A., 1991, Psychology - University of Tennessee
Positive Psychology, Psychology of Adjustment, Applied Statistics, Honors Introduction to General Psychology, Honors Developmental Psychology, Senior Seminar in Cyberpsychology
Cyberpsychology (human-technology interface) including social networking sites for at-risk populations; technology & boundary management; construct validation & assessment
Associate Member: Cyberpsychology at University of Wolverhampton
- Asbury, T. (2016). Natives and Immigrants: Closing the Digital Generation Gap. In Applied Cyberpsychology: Practical Applications of Cyberpsychological Theory and Research, (58-73). London: Palgrave Macmillan
- Asbury, T., & Meyers, N. (2014). Therapeutic potential of social networking sites for caregivers. Psychology Research, 4(9), 749-754.
- Asbury, T., & Strauss, K. (2014). Family eJournal as an Online Relationship Enhancement Tool: A Preliminary Investigation. SOJ Psychology 1(2). 1-4.
- Asbury, T. & Hall, S. (2013). Facebook as a mechanism for social support and mental health wellness. Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research, 18, 124-129.
- Asbury, T. & Martin, D. (2012). Military Deployment and the Spouse Left Behind. The Family Journal, 20(1) pp. 41-46.
- Smith, V., Reddy, J., Foster, K., Asbury, T., & Brooks, J. (2011). Public perceptions, knowledge, and stigma toward people with schizophrenia. Journal of Public Mental Health. 10(1), 45-46.
- Asbury, T. (2011). Changes to the Revised Graduate Record Exam. Eye on Psi Chi. Volume 15, Issue 5.
- Core Undergraduate Psychology Faculty Member
- Psychology Club Advisor
- TWU Favorite Faculty, December 2011
- Grant Recipient, After School Mentoring Program $7200, Maybelle C. MacDonald Fund Award (2011)
- Fort Worth ISD Institutional Review Board External Reviewer/Secretary