Sally Stabb, Ph.D.
Professor, Director of Counseling Psychology Doctoral Program, Interim Director of Counseling Psychology Master's Program
Office: CFO 703
- Ph.D., 1988, Counseling Psychology – University of Kansas
- M.S., 1984, Secondary Guidance – Pennsylvania State University
- B.A., 1982, Psychology – Pennsylvania State University
Adolescent Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Professional Development in Psychology, Theories and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Theories and Practice of Family Psychology, Supervised Practicum, Research in Counseling and Family Psychology, Qualitative Research Methods and Program Evaluation, Seminar in Professional Issues, Foundations of Social Psychology and Personality, Advanced Family Psychology and Systems Interventions, Professional Issues in Psychology, Counseling Psychology and Family Psychology, Advanced Psychopathology, Cross-cultural Psychology, The Scientist-Practitioner: Capstone Proficiencies, Supervision of Supervision, Theory and Practice of Couples Psychology, Psychology of Women.
Couples, attachment, women's emotion, diversity (gender, sexuality, disability, class, multicultural and cross-cultural concerns, intersectionality), training, qualitative research methods.
- Reimers, F.A., & Stabb, S. D. (2015). Class at the intersection of race and gender: A 15-year content analysis. The Counseling Psychologist, 43, 794- 821.
- Porras, C. V., Stabb, S., & Smith, S. R. (invited chapter; in press). Socio-Economic Considerations in Personality Assessment. In S. R. Smith, and R. Krishnamurthy (Eds.), Diversity Sensitive Personality Assessment. New York: Routledge Press.
- Stabb, S.D. & Reimers, F. A. (2013). Competent poverty training. Journal of Clinical Psychology: In Session,69, 172-181.
- Mollen, D. & Stabb, S. D. (2010). Women’s sexuality and meaning making. Journal of Constructivist Psychology, 23, 295-320.
- Stabb, S. D., Mollen, D., Cruz, C., Simonson, K., Vyas, A., & Brucker, K. H. (2010). Five therapists' personal and professional reflections and integration. In A. Mahoney and O. M. Espin (Eds) Sin or salvation: Implications for psychotherapy (pp. 41-57). New York: Taylor & Francis
- Bess, A. J. & Stabb, S. D. (2009). The experiences of transgendered persons in psychotherapy: Voices and recommendations. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 31, 264-282.
- Stabb, S. D., Mollen, D., Cruz, C, Simonson, K., Vyas, A. & Bruckner, K. H. (2008). Five therapists’ personal and professional reflections and integration. Women and Therapy, 31, 41-58.
- Seamans, C., Rubin, L. & Stabb, S. D. (2007). Women domestic violence offenders: Lessons of violence and survival. Journal of Trauma and Dissociation, 8, 47-68.
- Lanza, M., Stabb, S. D., Cox, D. C., & Fardy, M. (2007). Anger control assistance. In B. Ackley, G. Ladwig, B. A. Swan, and S. Tucker (Eds.). Evidence-Based Nursing Care Guidelines (pp. 69-74). Elsevier Press/Mosby: St. Louis, MO.
- Stabb, S. D. & Reimers, F. (2007). Stop, look, and listen at the intersection. [Review of the bookIntersections of gender, race and class: Readings for a changing landscape.] Psychology of Women Quarterly, 437-438.
- APA Division 17-CCPTP Joint Special Task Group Co-Chair: Model Training Program in Counseling Psychology. (April 2016-Present)
- “Outstanding Training Director” American Psychological Association’s Division 17 Section on Supervision and Training. (August 2015)
- Co-founder: TWU Thesis and Dissertation Boot Camps. (Dec. 2013-Present)
- Book Review Editor Psychology of Women Quarterly (July 2012- July 2015)
- APA Commission on Accreditation Site Visitor (2006-Present).
- Council of Counseling Psychology Training Programs (CCPTP) Executive Board Member (2012-2015)
- CCPTP/Society of Counseling Psychology (Division 17) Joint Task Force on Counseling Psychology Competencies (2012-2013)
- Sexual Development in Adolescents who have a Parent with AIDS/HIV. N. Smith & Stabb, S. D., TWU College of Arts & Sciences Grant. Jan.-Aug. 2008.