Ronald S. Palomares, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Director of School Psychology Doctoral Program
Office: CFO 802
- Ph.D., 1992, School Psychology - Texas A&M University
- M.A., 1987, Counseling Psychology – Lesley College
- B.S., 1984, Psychology - Texas A&M University
Tests and Measurements, Global Perspectives in Psychology
Supervision and Consultation, Theory and Practice of Counseling Psychotherapy, Tests and Measurements, Cross Cultural Psychology and Supervised Practicum
Military children and their families, supervision, and telepsychology.
- Tovian, S.M., Palomares, R.S. (in press, Nov 2017). Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In B.J. Carducci (Editor-in-Chief) & J.S. Mio & R.E. Riggio (Vol. Eds), Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Personality and Individual Differences Volume IV: Clinical, applied, and Cross-cultural Research. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Palomares, R. S. (2017). Standards of care in the delivery of telepsychology services. In L. F. Campbell, F. Millán, & J. N. Martin (Eds.), A telepsychology casebook: Using technology ethically and effectively in your professional practice (pp. 27-46). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0000046-000
- Palomares, R. S. & Miller, T.W. (2017). Security and transmission in the delivery of telepsychology services. In L. F. Campbell, F. Millán, & J. N. Martin (Eds.), A telepsychology casebook: Using technology ethically and effectively in your professional practice (pp. 83-98). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0000046-000
- McGill, R.J., Johnson, W.L., Palomares, R.S., Caldwell, K. (2017). Analyses of School Psychology Training Program Praxis II Outcomes 2010-2012: Distinctions without a difference? Trainer’s Forum: Journal of the Trainers of School Psychologists, 34 (3), 3-17.
- DeOrnellas, K., Palomares, R. S. (2017). School Psychologists & Counselors. In L. H. Rosen, S. R. Scott, & K. DeOrnellas (Eds.), Bullying in the School: Perspectives from across Campus (pp. 95-112). Palgrave Macmillan Higher Education, New York, NY
- Palomares, R.S. Ndip, N.E. (2016) Book Review: Intelligent testing with the WISC-V. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment. 9, 1-4. Doi: 10.1177/0734282916668997
- Palomares, R.S., Bufka, L.F., Baker, D.C. (2016). Critical Concerns When Incorporating Telemental Health Services in Outpatient Settings and Private Practice. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. doi: 10.1089/cap.2015.0013
- McGill, R. J., Styck, K. S., Palomares, R. S., & Hass, M. R. (2015). Critical issues in specific learning disability Identification: What we need to know about the PSW model. Learning Disability Quarterly. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1177/0731948715618504
- Palomares, R.S. (2015). After a Disaster: A Challenge for Psychologists to Provide Services. Texas Psychologist, Texas Psychological Association magazine, 70 (4), 11-16. http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.texaspsyc.org/resource/collection/9189A1DD-28C9-48D4- 9285-8AFC9F0DAE7A/2015%20Fall%20Texas%20Psychologist.pdf
- Palomares, R.S. (2015). Psychological Relief Work in Nepal. On the Move, Military Child Education Coalition magazine, 9 (3), 4-5. http://www.militarychild.org/public/upload/files/OTM_11-2015-lowres.pdf
- Palomares, R.S. (2015). A Win for School Psychologists and Students [Review of the book My Story: Blogs by Four Military Teens by M. D. Sherman & D. M. Sherman]. NASP Communique 43 (8) 37.http://www.nasponline.org/publications/cq/43/8/my-story.aspx.
- APA Joint Task Force for the Development of Telepsychology Guidelines for Psychologists* (2013). Guidelines for the Practice of Telepsychology. American Psychologist 68(9), 791-800. (*Served as a member of this Task Force, as listed on page 791.)
- Little, S., Little, A., Palomares, R., & Eckert, T.L. (2012). Men in academic school psychology: A national survey. Psychology in the Schools 49, 6, 554–567.
- 2017: Appointed by Texas Governor Greg Abbott: Board member on the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists (TSBEP)
- 2017: Awarded. Texas Woman's University’s Faculty Distinction in Service Award
- 2017: Re-elected: 2nd term on the Trainers of School Psychology Executive Board
- 2016: Invited by the Office of the U.S. Vice President to attend the Convening on Military-Connected Children at the White House, hosted by the 2nd Lady, Dr. Jill Biden and Secretary of Education, John B. King, Jr.
- 2015: Honored. Outstanding Contribution to Public Service Award, Texas Psychological Association
- 2015: Elected. Commissioner for the APA Commission for the Recognition of Specialties and Proficiencies in Professional Psychology (CRSPP)
- 2015: Elected. Trustee for the Texas Psychological Association’s Board of Trustees
- 2014: Honored. Outstanding Alumni for the College of Education & Human Development, Texas A&M University
- 2014: Elected. Trainers of School Psychology Executive Board
- 2013: Service Award. APA Board of Professional Affairs
- 2013: Service Award. APA Committee for the Advancement of Professional Practice
- 2007: Elected Fellow. APA Division of School Psychology
- 2006: Commendation. Texas Psychological Association Division of School Psychology.
- 2003: Presidential Citation APA Division of School Psychology
- 2002: Presidential Award for Outstanding Services to Division 16 & School Psychology. APA Division of School Psychology.