Linda Rubin, Ph.D.
Professor, Counseling Psychology Graduate Program Affiliate Faculty
Office: CFO 809
- Ph.D., 1992, Counseling Psychology – University of Kansas
- M.S., 1987, Counseling Psychology – University of Kansas
- B.A., 1982, Business Administration (Major), Psychology (Minor) – University of Kansas
Psychology of Violence, Trauma, and Abuse, Psychology of Women, Personality Assessment for Adults, Rorschach Administration and Interpretation, Clinical Practicum, Advanced Assessment Practicum, Relational Gestalt Therapy, Advanced Psychopathology, Abnormal Psychology, Counseling Theories, Professional Development in Psychology, Research Team, Supervised Field Work, Thesis, Professional Paper, Dissertation.
Relational Violence (i.e., domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking) and Traumatic Stress.
- Rosen, L. H., & Rubin, L. J. (in press). Bullying. In N. Naples (Ed.). Encyclopedia of gender and sexuality studies.
- Robinson, J., & Rubin, L. J. (2016). Homonegative microaggressions and posttraumatic stress symptoms. Journal of Gay & Lesbian Mental Health, 20, 57-69.
- Rosen, L. J., & Rubin, L. J. (2015). Beyond Mean Girls: Identifying and intervening in episodes of relational aggression. Teachers College Record, http:// www.tcrecord.org, ID Number 17959
- Rubin, L. J. (2014). Views on mortality. [Review of the book, Mortality, by Christopher Hitchens]. Quarterly Journal of the Breast Cancer Consortium. http://breastcancerconsortium.net/book-review-mortality-christopher-hitchens/
- Rubin, L. J. (2014). Interdisciplinary perspectives on the evolutionary psychology of women. [Review of the book, A mind of her own: The evolutionary psychology of women]. CHOICE, a publication of book reviews for the American Libraries Association.
- Rubin, L. J. (2013). Radical notions: The integration of feminism and evolutionary psychology. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 34, 520-521.
- Rubin, L. J. (April 9, 2013). Stigma and mental illness in the aftermath of mass shootings. Al Jazeera.http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/04/20134873334383512.html.
- Rubin, L. J. (February 14, 2013). To end rape, we need the f-word. Al Jazeera.http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/02/20132111438741599.html [reprinted on February 19, 2013 in Media With Conscience. http://mwcnews.net/focus/analysis/24923-to-end-rape.html].
- Rubin, L. J. (2012). The complexity of women’s lives: Feminist and multicultural perspectives on women’s mental health. [Review of the four volume set of books, Women and mental disorders]. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 36, 377-378.
- Rubin, L. J. (July 17, 2012). The masculinity police perpetuates gender pay gap. Huffington Post.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-rubin/the-masculinity-police-pe_b_1681177.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
- Rubin, L. J. (2011). Pink ribbon culture as a form of psychological denial. [Review of the book, Pink ribbon blues]. Pink ribbon blues archives. Invited electronic publication.
- Innovation in Academia Award for distinction in leadership (2016)
- Counseling Psychology Core Faculty (1993-2016)
- TWU Faculty Ombudsperson (2014-16)
- Affiliate Faculty, Department of Multicultural Women's Studies (2008-2016)
- Chair/Member, Departmental Scholarship Committee (2003-2016)
- Chancellor’s Research Fellowship Award (2013-2015). Mentor to Dr. Lisa Rosen.
- Grants to Reduce Violent Crimes Against Women on Campus (2008, 2006). U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Violence Against Women, Campus Program, $497,700.
- Faculty Development Leave and Faculty Excellence Award (2002). Advanced residential training in Relational Gestalt Psychotherapy with the Gestalt Therapy Institute of the Pacific.
- Mary Mason Lyon Award for Distinguished Faculty (1998).
- Outstanding Graduate Teacher Award (1997)
- Chair/Member, University Peer Review Committee for Tenure and Promotion (2005-2011)
- Chair, Departmental Peer Review Committee (2007-2013)
- University Peer Review Committee for Tenure and Promotion (2005-2007, 2008-2009)
- Chair/Past Chair/Co-Chair, Institutional Review Board (1997-2005)
- Psychological Consultation to Theatrical Productions (2004-2016)