To make an appointment for undergraduate advising, email Mike Elias at, or call 940-898- 3850.

Changing Your Major to Psychology

Students wishing to change their major to psychology (including those admitted to the psych entry program) must complete all academic requirements as noted in the catalog and complete both the Undergraduate Program Application and Undergraduate Code of Conduct Agreement Form.

Applications may be delivered to the advising office in CFO 701 or mailed to:

TWU Department of Psychology & Philosophy
Attn: Advising Office, CFO 701
P.O. Box 425470
Denton, TX 76204-5470

Applying for a Psychology Minor

TWU offers four options for those interested in minoring in psychology:

  • Applied psychology
  • Graduate preparation
  • Psychology/philosophy split
  • Philosophy

For more information about each minor and how to apply, please visit our Undergraduate Minors page,

Applying for Graduation

  1. Set up an advising appointment in order to finalize your degree plan and begin the signature process. Any changes after the plan is finalized must be approved by the advisor, otherwise graduation requirements may not be met.
  2. Apply for graduation with the TWU registrar. Deadlines to apply and instructions are available on the registrar's graduation page.
  3. Participate in the mandatory exit exam process. Those students who have applied for graduation will be contacted three to four weeks prior to the end of the semester with the dates of the assessments and the instructions for access.

All three tasks must be completed in order to graduate. If you elect to roll your graduation over to a later semester, contact the advising office and the TWU registrar as soon as possible in order to correct your records.

Future Planning

Students often want to know what careers are available to those with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. To begin exploring career opportunities, we recommend that you:

Page last updated 2:11 PM, May 16, 2018