How to Apply to the Undergraduate Psychology Programs
First Year Applicants
Step 1: Apply to Texas Woman's University and choose psychology as your intended major.
Visit the TWU Admissions page to apply to the university. During the application process, you will select "Psychology" as your intended major. Once you are accepted to TWU, you will begin the "Psych-Entry (Pre-Psychology) Degree Plan." This degree plan will allow you to complete the following requirements within your first three semesters at TWU:
- Complete 45 hours with a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Complete Introduction to General Psychology (PSY 1013), Developmental Psychology (PSY 1603), Professional Development in Psychology (PSY 2013) and Abnormal Psychology (PSY 2513) with a grade of C or better.
- Maintain a Psychology GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Complete Elementary Analysis (MATH 1303) or higher.
Step 2: Once you've completed all of the above prerequisites, apply to be accepted into the undergraduate psychology program.
To apply to the undergraduate psychology program:
- Complete the Undergraduate Program Application.
- Complete the Undergraduate Code of Conduct Agreement Form.
- Mail or deliver both forms to:
TWU Department of Psychology & Philosophy
Advising Office, CFO 701
P.O. Box 425470
Denton, TX 76204-5470
Transfer Students and Current Students Interested in Changing Majors
Transfer and current TWU students are also responsible for completing all of the admission requirements listed in Step 1 before applying for entry into the undergraduate psychology program.
Current students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with our undergraduate psychology academic adviser, Mike Elias, at email@example.com or 940-898-3850.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, please allow eight weeks processing time.
For more information about the undergraduate application process, please contact our psychology academic adviser, Mike Elias, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-3850.
Page last updated 10:19 AM, October 27, 2016