School Psychology Specialist Program
Please pay close attention to the application deadlines and instructions listed below, as late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
There are two parts to the application process:
- Part I: Graduate School Application Procedures
- Part II: Departmental Application Procedures
Part I: Graduate School Application Procedures
Arrange to have the following documents sent to:
Office of Admissions
Texas Woman’s University
P.O. Box 425589
Denton, TX 76204
- The ApplyTexas Application: Applicants at all levels must use this system to apply to all Texas public universities. Submit a graduate admissions application online at www.applytexas.org (NOTE: A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 will be required of each new applicant. The fee is $75.00 for international students).
- Official Transcripts: Submit an official transcript from each accredited college or university attended (copies are not accepted). Even though coursework from all institutions may be reflected on one transcript, TWU’s Office of Admissions requires individual transcripts from each university attended.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: Arrange to have your GRE report sent directly from Educational Testing Services (ETS: www.ets.org/gre/). When completing the ETS Score Report Form, TWU’s institutional code is 6826.
Visit the Office of Admissions website for additional information.
Part II: Departmental Application Procedures
Collect and submit the following documents in ONE envelope to:
Dr. Kathy DeOrnellas
Program Director for Specialist Program in School Psychology
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Texas Woman's University
Denton, TX 76204
- Cover Letter/Letter of Intent: A letter of intent is simply a cover letter indicating that a potential student is interested in applying to the Specialist in School Psychology program.
- School Psychology Program Application: Complete, print and submit a hard copy of the school psychology program application form [.pdf].
- A copy of your APPLYTEXAS Application: Submit a copy of your completed graduate school application.
- Vitae / Resume: Your vitae or resume should highlight relevant training, work experience, and volunteer experiences.
- Unofficial Graduate Records Examination Scores (GRE): Submit a copy of your most recent GRE scores (unofficial or photocopied is acceptable). The Specialist in School Psychology Program requires the Verbal, Quantitative, and Total scores.
- Unofficial Transcripts: Submit a transcript from each accredited college or university attended (unofficial or photocopied transcripts are acceptable).
- Letters of Recommendation: Submit at least three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references. Letters should be written on institutional or organizational letterhead. Each must be individually sealed with the recommender’s signature written across the flap.
- Essay: (500 words or less) describing the applicant’s professional aspirations in the field of school psychology as well as relevant autobiographical information.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Our application deadline is January 5. All application materials must be received by both the Office of Admissions and the Department of Psychology and Philosophy by the specified deadline. Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are received by January 5. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
On Campus Interviews
On campus interviews are required as part of the application process. All applications are reviewed and a select number of applicants are invited to interview. Applicants invited for interviews will be contacted with the interview date. In the event that the applicant is unable to come to campus, a telephone interview may be granted.
Acceptance of an Offer
Should you be accepted into the Specialist program and decide to accept our offer, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can notify applicants on the Waitlist. Submit confirmation of your acceptance to Kathy DeOrnellas, Ph.D., via email at email@example.com, fax 940-898-2301, or mail (Kathy DeOrnellas, Ph.D., Program Director for Specialist Program in School Psychology, Department of Psychology and Philosophy, Texas Woman's University, P.O. 425470, Denton, TX 76204).