Graduate Eligibility for Internship (Probationary Certificate)
Candidates seeking approval for the Graduate Internship – Master of Arts in Teaching or Post-Baccalaureate Certification – must complete the Graduate Application for Internship and submit the following to the College of Professional Education’s Professional Development Center in Stoddard Hall, Room 202:
- Letter confirming student’s admission into Texas Woman's University’s Graduate School
- Unofficial Degree Plan or a copy of the Certification Plan for Post Baccalaureate candidates.
- Demonstrated competence in the content area by passing the corresponding TExES examination. All supplemental certification exams must be passed prior to being included on a certificate. This includes Bilingual, ESL, and Special Education.
- Completion of 12 credit hours of pedagogy courses with a grade of “B” or better.
- A minimum 2.75 overall grade point average; MAT students must have a 3.0 overall GPA
Once a candidate’s eligibility is confirmed, the Professional Development Center will provide the candidate with:
- Statement of Eligibility for Internship (bottom part must be completed by employing school District)
- Yellow Internship Contract forms (two separate identical forms). One is kept with the employing school, and the second form is returned to the TWU Professional Development Center.
- Advisor Confirmation Form certifying student’s eligibility for Professional Teaching Internship
- Letter certifying that the student is eligible to serve as the “teacher-of-record” on a one-year professional teaching internship
Once the candidate receives an offer of employment from an accredited public or private school, he/she must:
- Complete Application for Probationary Certificate for internship on-line at www.tea.texas.gov.
- Complete Fingerprinting Application for national criminal history check. (Form provided by the State Board for Educator Certification)
- Return the completed Statement of Eligibility for Internship and a completed Internship Contract to the TWU Professional Development Center to verify employment as the “teacher-of-record” in the certification area.
- Register for EDUC 5936, Internship in Teaching, for each of two semesters
Professional Development Center
College of Professional Education
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425769
Denton, TX 76204-5769