The following list was developed to make users aware of restricted items; it is not all inclusive and should be referred to often as it is subject to change without notice.
For questions, contact the Coordinator, Credit Card Programs.
Current as of 03/20/2018
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals (live)
- Automotive Fuel
- Beauty Shops, Health & Beauty Spas, Massage Businesses
- Cash Advances
- Cellular Telephone Equipment & services (e.g. iPhone)
- Charitable Donations/Contributions/Sponsorships/Pledges (e.g. Susan G. Komen, TWU Organizations) See Guidelines for Friends Accounts
- Computer Monitors and desktop computers (Except with email of compliance from Office of Technology per policy 9.19)
- Consulting (e.g. accounting, architect, attorney, engineering, etc.)
- Contractual Services (or signing the agreement to any terms and conditions)
- Controlled Substances, Prescription Drugs
- Decorative items (Personal)
- Entertainment: Movie Theatres, Parks, Bowling Alleys, etc. (Except with email of compliance from Procurement)
- Fines/ Late Fees/ Penalties/ Parking Tickets
- Furniture (e.g. file cabinets, chairs, desks, etc.) (Except with email of compliance from Planning & Design Services).
- Gift Cards/Gift Certificates
- Hazardous materials (biohazards, radioactive materials, controlled substances, including drugs, alcohol, and tobacco)
- Insurance of any type
- Laptop Computers, iPads, or other Tablet PC’s
- Leases, rentals, and storage spaces
- Memberships to Costco, Sam’s Club, and Amazon Prime
- Multi-function Office Equipment (Anything information related – e.g. printers, fax, copiers, scanners) (Except with email of compliance from Office of Technology per policy 9.19)
- Parking Permits (TWU)
- Payment to a TWU Employee (to include permanent or temporary personnel) for any reason (You cannot pay ex-employees with a PCard until they’ve been gone from TWU for 1 year)
- Payment to a TWU Student for any reason
- Payment to other internal TWU Departments (excluding TWU Bookstore & Aramark)
- Personal Items (for yourself, TWU employees, or others)
- Postage or Forever Stamps (excluding shipping i.e. UPS, Fed Ex, etc.)
- Software (Except with email of compliance from Office of Technology per policy 9.19)
- Travel (hotels, restaurants in hotels, airfare, car rental, etc.)
- Temporary Personnel
- Utilities (phone, electric, water, gas, etc.)
- Weapons, ammunition, explosives, and fireworks
The PCard MUST NOT BE USED for the below items when the single unit value is more than $500:
- Video Cameras
- Data projectors
- DVD players
- Sound Systems
Restricted Items Purchase Reimbursement Process
In order to properly reimburse TWU for a Restricted Items PCard purchase, please follow the steps below:
- Write a personal check payable to "Texas Woman’s University" for the amount of the Restricted Items purchase.
- Complete the Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form (found on Bursar’s web page) with the required information.
- When preparing the “Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form”, please be sure to apply the same accounting string and object code used when reconciling the original PCard charge.
- Submit the personal check and "Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form" to the Bursar's Office (1st floor of Admissions & Registration Building – Denton Campus).
- Submit all paperwork associated with this transaction (copy of “Cash Receipts Deposit Transmittal Form” & original receipt from the vendor) to firstname.lastname@example.org.