Dissertation Boot Camps
Dissertation/Thesis Boot Camps are for students working on dissertations and theses.
Dissertation/Thesis Boot Camps are held every May and December, the week after finals.
Our next Boot Camp will be:
Monday, May 14th — Thursday, May 17th, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
What you can expect:
- Dedicated time and space for writing
- Scheduled programming, including lunches with resource personnel like reference librarians, Graduate School staff, and Success Coaches
- Workshops on time management, goal setting, analyzing models, getting feedback, etc.
- Individual consultations with tutors and coaches
- Two meals per day and snacks provided
What we expect:
- Participants must be in the active drafting phase i.e. actively writing a prospectus, thesis, or dissertation
- Participants must commit to attending four (4) full days of camp from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Participants will set daily and weekly writing goals and actively work to achieve them
Dissertation/Thesis Boot Camp Daily Schedule
|9:00 am – 9:20 am||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast|
|9:20 am – 10:00 am||Process & Product Goals||Time management & daily goal setting||Analyzing disciplinary models & daily goal setting||Getting feedback & daily goal setting|
|10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Free writing||Free writing||Free writing||Free writing|
|12:00 pm – 1:00 pm||Lunch
Topic: Self-care and Work/Life Balance
Topic: Library Resources
Topic: Submitting your Thesis/Dissertation & Formatting workshop
|1:00 pm – 4:45 pm||Free writing / success coaching||Free writing / success coaching||Free writing / success coaching||Free writing / success coaching|
|4:45 pm||Wrap up discussion||Wrap up discussion||Wrap up discussion||Wrap up discussion|
NOTE: This schedule may change; if changes are made participants will be notified by TWU email.
Page last updated 1:49 PM, March 9, 2018