Ready to take the next step toward enrollment in the School of Occupational Therapy? Here’s how:
Apply to our Graduate Programs
Requirements for MOT Admission
Candidates for admission to our master’s programs are required to meet TWU’s general requirements for graduate admission and complete the application process via OT-CAS. For a full listing of requirements please see the TWU Graduate Catalog.
Requirements for MOT Admission: TWU Alumni Advantage Applicants
Candidates for admission to our master’s programs are required to meet TWU’s general requirements for graduate admission and complete the application process via OT-CAS. For a full listing of Alumni Advantage requirements, please visit our catalog page.
Summer 2020 Entry - Application Deadline
The OTCAS application will open on July 18, 2019 and will close on October 1, 2019 (11 p.m./CST). The OTCAS application must be complete and verified by October 1, 2019 for consideration for the Summer 2020 entry level cohort.
Summer 2020 Entry - Interview Schedule
During the final week of October, the Admission Committee decisions will be sent to the email address provided by the applicant in OTCAS. These decision letters may include an invitation to interview.
All interviews will take place November 22nd and 23rd on the applicants campus of first choice as indicated on the OTCAS application.
How to Apply
Admission to our graduate programs can be competitive, meaning it’s incredibly important to complete all steps to admission.
- Apply online to TWU through ApplyTexas.org.
- Submit official transcripts for each college or university you have attended to the following address:
TWU Office of Admission Processing
PO Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- GRE Code 2215 for MOT Program Applicants.
- GRE Code 6826 for OTD and PhD Program Applicants.
- Additional requirements vary by program:
- MOT students: Apply to the Centralized Application Service for Occupational Therapy Programs (OTCAS).
- OTD students: Complete the Doctor Occupational Therapy Application and Essay and submit, along with current resume, to Patricia Bowyer, OTR, EdD, Professor and Coordinator of Post-professional Programs.
- PhD students: Complete the School of OT PhD Application and Essay and submit, along with current resume, to Patricia Bowyer, OTR, EdD, Professor and Coordinator of Post-professional Programs.
Additional Requirements for Doctoral Programs
- Current occupational therapy license or registration
- Master’s degree – students must have a prior degree in occupational therapy (bachelor or master level), and another degree either in occupational therapy or a related field.
- 3.2 minimum GPA on Master level work
- A GRE score within the past 10 years
A full listing of requirements is available in the TWU Graduate Catalog.
Doctoral Application Deadlines
- Applications are accepted at any time, but best consideration can be given to those received by April 15 prior to the desired Summer or Fall start-date.
Note: Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapist, administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the graduate will be an occupational therapist, registered (OTR). In addition, all states require licensure to practice; however, state licenses are usually based on the results of the NBCOT certification examination. A felony conviction may affect a graduate's ability to sit for the NBCOT certification examination or attain state licensure.
Page last updated 9:20 AM, March 11, 2019