Dietetic Internship Master’s Degree Program Guide
This highly competitive year-long internship, which focuses on medical nutrition therapy, is part of two master's programs offered at TWU: the master's of science in nutrition and master's of exercise and sports nutrition. Upon completion of this internship, you will have only one or two semesters of coursework remaining to earn your graduate degree.
This supervised practice program is an ACEND-accredited program. All supervised practice programs leading to the RDN credential must be accredited by ACEND. The requirements for the national board examination for registered dietitian nutritionists are set by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- For the past three years, Denton has a 100 percent pass rate and Houston has a 97 percent pass rate on the credentialing examination for registered dietitian nutritionists.
- Affiliations with more than 50 prestigious internship sites in the Denton/DFW Metroplex and greater Houston area
- More than 1,200 hours of rotations that cover clinical, food service management, wellness, pediatric, long-term care and WIC
- One-on-one training with experienced instructors
- Significant supervised practice experience
- Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Verification Statement of Completion for a Didactic Program in Dietetics completed within the past five years
- GPA of 3.25 or higher (4.0 scale) on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- GRE scores with preferred minimums of 145 Verbal Reasoning, 145 Quantitative Reasoning and 4.0 Analytical Writing
- Acceptance into TWU's Graduate School
- Resume highlighting professional interests and goals as well as work experience
- Hospital dietary experience, either paid or voluntary
Internship applications are accepted separately from the master's degree program.
Program contacts & other information
Martha Rew, M.S., RDN, LD
Associate Clinical Professor and Dietetic Internship Director - Denton
Karen Moreland, M.S., RDN, LD
Associate Clinical Professor and Dietetic Internship Director - Houston
Page last updated 11:40 AM, December 14, 2018