Texas Woman’s to celebrate faculty and staff excellence
Texas Woman’s University will honor faculty and staff for excellence in teaching and service to the university during an awards ceremony Thursday, April 20 on the Denton campus.
The ceremony will begin at 2:30 p.m. in the Hubbard Hall Southwest Ballroom. A reception to honor the award recipients will follow.
Faculty receiving recognition are:
- Susan Sheriff, Ph.D., professor of nursing, Dallas — Cornaro Award;
- Lisa Rosen, Ph.D., assistant professor of psychology and philosophy; and Sarah Woods, Ph.D., assistant professor of family sciences — Mary Mason Lyon Award;
- Mindy Menn, Ph.D., assistant professor of health studies; and Becky Spencer, Ph.D., assistant professor of nursing — Distinction in Distance Education;
- Philip Yang, Ph.D., professor of sociology — Distinction in Scholarship;
- Ronald Palomares, Ph.D., associate professor of psychology and philosophy; and Tuong-Vi Ho, Ph.D., associate clinical professor of nursing, Houston — Distinction in Service;
- Sandra Westmoreland, Ph.D., associate professor of biology — Distinction in Teaching;
- Gloria Byrd, Ph.D., associate professor of nursing, Dallas — Humphries Award;
- Mahesh (Michael) Raisinghani, Ph.D., professor, School of Management — Innovation in Academia.
Staff receiving recognition are:
- JoAnne Hawthorne, research funding coordinator, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs — Award of Excellence;
- Sandra Compton-Winbush, coordinator of central services, Houston; and Kimberly Taylor, coordinator, college academic advising, College of Health Sciences, Pioneer Center for Student Excellence — Outstanding Achievement awards.