TWU Dallas campus celebrates veterans with weeklong events Nov. 3-11
DALLAS — Breakfasts, career exploration panels and a moment of silence are just some of the ways the Texas Woman’s University Dallas campus will honor and celebrate all veterans and service members Nov. 3-11. About 30 veteran students are enrolled in programs on the Dallas campus, and the TWU Office of Student Life is committed to honoring and celebrating their service. Also, during the week, students, faculty and staff are encouraged to write thank-you cards for local veterans at the Dallas VA Medical Center and honor their loved ones by posting their names to the remembrance wall.
In addition to the on-going events, several panels and other acts of remembrance are planned. Scheduled events are:
- 7a.m.-9a.m. | Nov. 3rd | 1st floor lobby | Veterans Breakfast for all students, faculty, and staff who have previously served sponsored by the TWU Veteran’s center and Registrar’s office
- 11a.m.-1p.m. | Nov. 3rd | 3rd Floor Café | Veterans Luncheon: Complimentary lunch provided to all students, faculty, and staff who have served or are active/reserved duty
- 12p.m.-1p.m. | Nov. 9th | Auditorium | A Conversation with Dr. Hufft—College of Nursing Dean and veteran Anita Huft, Ph.D., shares her insight and experiences as an army nurse and VA consultant
- 12p.m.-1p.m. | Nov. 10th | Auditorium | Career Exploration Panel—The Military and You: Learn about various active duty and military support career paths with an exploration panel led by Stephanie Woods, Ph.D., associate nursing dean
- Nov. 11th | Dallas Campus | Veterans Day Pride—Dress in Red, White, and Blue to celebrate our service men and women.
- 12p.m.-1p.m. | Nov. 11th | Room 3620 | SGA supports the VA with a campus wide banner signing to show thanks to those currently serving veterans at the Dallas VA Medical Center
- 1:11p.m. | Nov. 11th | Dallas Campus | A Moment of Silence
All events are co-sponsored by the Campus Alliance for Resource Education (CARE) and TWU Dallas Office of Student Life. For more information visit the TWU Student Life website.