Welcome from the Department Chair
Welcome to our website and thanks for stopping by!
Here are just a few of the things about our department that you should know.
- A dedicated faculty
- An outstanding student body of both women and men
- Numerous ensemble opportunities
- Specialists on every instrument
- Small class sizes
- A private school feel at public university prices
- Multiple degree programs
- Superb performances by faculty, students, and guests
- Scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate students
- Opportunities for graduate assistantships
- Distinguished alumni in the fields of music education, performance, pedagogy and therapy
Further information about our department can be accessed by the links on the website menu bar. Please feel free to contact the music office at (940) 898-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have. You may also contact individual faculty members with questions specific to their area.
Music study at TWU has a long and distinguished history. TWU established the first university level department of music in the state of Texas in 1915. TWU also established one of the first music therapy majors in the country in 1953. TWU has been fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) since 1958, and the music therapy program is approved by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA.)
"A Brief History of the Music Department at Texas Woman's University, 1901-1999" (pdf), written by Dr. Thomas Brown, TWU Emeritus Professor of Organ and Music History, provides a compelling picture of the first century of the TWU Music Department.
The music building is our main facility for learning and performing. More about “Music Building”...
page updated 3/3/2014 6:41 PM