MA in Music, Emphasis in Music Therapy / MS in Counseling and Development
MA in Music with an Emphasis in Therapy / MS in Counseling and Development
Earn your master’s degrees in music therapy and counseling and development at TWU.
Upon completion of our dual degree program in music therapy and counseling, you will receive not only a master’s degree in both fields, but also will be eligible to apply for licensure as a professional counselor in Texas (LPC). As a student in our graduate program, you will have the option of joining the Student Association for Music Therapy, a student organization that provides educational and social opportunities for you to develop music therapy skills and friendships outside of the traditional classroom setting.
The graduate curriculum is 64 semester hours for the dual program. If you are entering as a music therapist, this program will take approximately three years to complete. If you are not entering as a music therapist (e.g., an equivalency student), this program will take about four years to complete due to undergraduate course requirements.
- Dual degree plan for the MA in Music with an Emphasis in Music Therapy/MS in Counseling and Development
- Course rotation for the Department of Music
- Course rotation for the Department of Family Sciences
- TWU Music Therapy Frequently Asked Questions
- TWU Music Therapy Equivalencies and Transfer Student Information
- American Music Therapy Association (AMTA)
- AMTA Southwestern Region
- Certification Board for Music Therapists
For our dual degree program, you must be admitted separately to each department. However, you may submit one application specifying your interest in the dual degree program. The TWU Family Sciences Department requires an in-person interview for admission to the counseling program.
Page last updated 5:09 PM, November 12, 2018