Pioneer Honor Band Festival
Saturday, November 11, 2017
- Membership in the 2017 Pioneer Honor Band with the finest high school students in the area. Students are accepted through director recommendation only.
- Registration deadline has been EXTENDED to Tuesday, October 31, by midnight.
- Masterclass with applied faculty with special emphasis on TMEA and ATSSB All-State Etudes.
- Performance in the Festival concert shared with the Texas Woman's University Wind Symphony.
- Access the online nomination form.
- All participants will be chosen based on director recommendation.
- Each school/director may nominate a MAXIMUM of ten students (all classifications), and we request that you nominate at least ONE percussionist since many new works for band are percussion heavy. Due to limited availability, we also ask that you select your students as soon as possible and verify their ability to attend PRIOR to nominating them.'
- If nominating fewer than 10 students, please click "Next" at the bottom of the screen from your final nomination and continue clicking "Next" until you can click "Submit." Only when you click "Submit" will your nominations be finalized.
- Download the Director Information Letter (pdf).
Tentative Pioneer Honor Band Festival Schedule
|7:30 AM||Student Registration/Check-In|
|8:00 AM||Welcome Meeting|
|8:30 AM||Honor Band Rehearsal I|
|10:30 AM||Master Classes|
|Director’s Workshop – “A Conductor’s Tuneup”|
|1:00 PM||Honor Band Rehearsal II|
|3:00 PM||Honor Band Rehearsal III|
|6:30 PM||Honor Band Festival Concert|
For more information, please contact TWU's Director of Bands, Carter Biggers, DMA, at email@example.com or 940-898-2515.