Pioneer Honor Band Festival
Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Membership in the 2018 Pioneer Honor Band with the finest high school students in the area. Students are accepted through director recommendation only.
- Registration deadline is Saturday, October 27.
- Masterclass with applied faculty with special emphasis on TMEA and ATSSB All-State Etudes.
- Performance in the Festival concert shared with the Texas Woman's University Wind Symphony.
- Access the online nomination form.
- All participants will be chosen based on director recommendation.
- Each school/director may nominate a MAXIMUM of ten students (all classifications), and we request that you nominate at least ONE percussionist since many new works for band are percussion heavy. Due to limited availability, we also ask that you select your students as soon as possible and verify their ability to attend PRIOR to nominating them.
- Download the Pioneer Honor Band Director Information Letter (pdf).
Tentative Pioneer Honor Band Festival Schedule
scroll to see the full table⇨
|7:00 a.m.||Student Registration/Check-In Begins|
|7:45 a.m.||Welcome Meeting|
|8:00 a.m.||Honor Band Rehearsal I|
|10:15 a.m.||Master Classes|
|Director's Workshop - TBD|
|1:00 p.m.||Honor Band Rehearsal II|
|3:15 p.m.||Honor Band Rehearsal III|
|6:00 p.m.||Dinner Break|
|7:30 p.m.||Honor Band Festival Concert|
Page last updated 1:40 PM, July 30, 2018