For general financial aid information including cost of attendance and loan information, please visit TWU Financial Aid.
To browse a full list of scholarships and apply for opportunities available to TWU students, visit the TWU Pioneer Scholarship System.
Information and Eligibility Requirements
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Texas Woman’s University offers several departmental scholarships each academic year. These scholarships include: the Ben T. Goldbeck Memorial Scholarship, the Maurine Faulkner Memorial Scholarship, the Rose Marie Smith Endowed Scholarship, the Don E. Edwards Endowed Scholarship, the Greater Texas Foundation Step Up to Teaching Scholarship, Outstanding Computer Science Student, Outstanding Graduate Student, and the Harlan C. Miller Memorial Scholarship. Award amounts will range from $500 - $1,200.
Each scholarship applicant must:
- Be enrolled as a major in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science;
- Have completed at least 12 semester hours at Texas Woman’s University in mathematics or computer science courses required for the major area of study with at least 6 of these hours completed during the past year (January-December);
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA in the major field and overall GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants for the Rose Marie Smith Endowed Scholarship must plan to enroll in student teaching in the year the scholarship funds are received.
- No recipient may hold more than one of these scholarships in any given semester.
- The mathematics major receiving the highest ranking that includes a minimum of 18 hours of mathematics taken at TWU and required for the major area of study will be awarded the Harlan Miller Scholarship.
Applicants will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- In order of GPA in mathematics or computer science courses taken at TWU and required for the major area of study;
- Applicants who tie under criterion (1) will be ranked in order of the number of credit hours in mathematics and computer science taken at TWU;
- Applicants still tied will be ranked in order of overall GPA in courses taken at TWU.
All application materials must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. March 15 each year.
Submit your application through the TWU Pioneer Scholarship System.
Page last updated 9:25 AM, May 3, 2018